- A protagonist who isn't always perfect;
- An antagonist who isn't always bad/mean;
- Plot points that you probably won't predict and will surprise you;
- A male author writing in the voice of two women, and doing so quite well;
- A small child who is not inherently likable, but is a real seeming 4 year old boy.
Friday, May 27, 2011
And now, on a nice note.
I hope you have a wonderful three-day weekend (whether you get three days off your tasks or not), and instead of leaving this page with a rant for the long weekend, I leave it with a shout out for the book Little Bee by Chris Cleave. This description is all you need, and the recommendation of someone you trust. No doubt, this will get made into a really bad movie, but if you have time this weekend, pick it up! I read it in two days and you can, too. It has a number of things going for it: