1. "Kumbaya" is a distortion of an old spiritual called "Come By Here", a praise and plea to God.
2. I can skip reading BlackBerry messages until Monday if they are identifiable by subject line as a thing I can only work on while in the office. This saves me an evening (or a weekend) of stewing about a piece of casework, for example.
3. Toothpaste can treat and heal burns, polish old tennis shoes, fix car scratches and more!
4. If you make $34,000 a year, you pay $10 a year in taxes toward public housing, 24 cents toward funding for the arts, $1,040 to Social Security and $11 to Head Start. You pay $46 in foreign aid and $230 toward combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
5. This is the time of year for Delicata squash; go get yourself one, quick! They're incredibly delicious.